Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Hillsboro shall meet in regular session on Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Historic City Hall, 127 E. Franklin Street in Hillsboro, Texas. The matters to be discussed and acted upon are as follows:
1. Call Meeting to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Hear Statements from Persons Wishing to Address the Council.
5. Deliberate and Act on the Approval of the Minutes for the Special and Regular Meetings on June 19, 2012.
6. Act on the Approval of Bills.
7. Hold a Public Hearing, First Reading, and Deliberate on a Proposed Ordinance Changing the Time of the Regular Meetings of the Hillsboro City Council From 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Accordance With the Provisions of the City Charter – Section 3.09 – Meetings of the Council.
8. Deliberate and Act on a Resolution Awarding a Contract to Whitney Underground Utilities for the 2011 Texas Community Development Block Grant Program for Wastewater Collection System Improvements and Authorizing the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute All Necessary Documents.
9. Hold a Public Hearing, First Reading, and Deliberate on an Ordinance Regulating the Rate and Speed of Motor Vehicles on Old Brandon Road From Interstate 35 to State Highway 22.
10. Hear and Deliberate on City Manager’s Report.
a. Street Improvements
b. Tentative Special Meeting/Budget Workshop – July 24, 2012
c. City Park Dedication at 6:00 p.m. in Conjunction With National Night Out – August 7, 2012
11. Hold a Closed Session Under the Provisions of Section 551.072 of Government Code, (Deliberations About Real Property).
12. Reconvene in Open Session.
13. Deliberate and Act on Matters Discussed in Executive Session, If Any.