CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Hillsboro shall meet in regular session on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Historic City Hall, 127 E. Franklin Street in Hillsboro, Texas. The matters to be discussed and acted upon are as follows:
1. Call Meeting to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Hear Statements from Persons Wishing to Address the Council.
5. Deliberate and Act on the Approval of the Minutes for the Regular Meeting on April 17, 2012.
6. Act on the Approval of Bills.
7. Deliberate and Act on a Request by the Main Street Board for the Closing of Covington Street From Fancher Street to Elm Street/Hwy. 22 and From Elm to W. Walnut Street and Closing E. Franklin Street at Church Street to Waco Street and Franklin Street at Waco to Covington Street From 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on June 2, 2012 for the Purpose of Holding the Main Street Steak Cook-off and Arts/Crafts Fair.
8. Hold a Public Hearing, Second Reading of an Ordinance, Deliberate and Act on Abandonment of Peabody Street Between South Church Street and Pine Street, McMullen Addition, to the City of Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas.
9. Deliberate and Act on a Resolution Accepting the Recommendations of the Planning and Zoning Commission to Authorize a Re-plat of Lot 16 and 17, Block 62, McMullen Addition to Lot 16 R, Block 62, McMullen Addition to the City of Hillsboro, aka NAPA Auto Parts and Authorizing the Appropriate City Officials to Execute Necessary Documents.
10. Deliberate and Act on a Resolution Authorizing Award of a Construction Contract to H.C.S., Inc. for Project Construction Pertaining to the Safe Routes to School Grant Award by the Texas Department of Transportation and Authorizing the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute all Necessary Documents.
11. Deliberate and Act on a Resolution Authorizing Kerbow and Associates Consulting, Inc. to Proceed on the 2013/2014 Texas Community Development Block Program Grant Application and Authorizing the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute all Necessary Documents.
12. Deliberate and Act on a Resolution Approving an Agreement By and Between the City Of Hillsboro and Kerbow and Associates Consulting, Inc. to Prepare the 2013/2014 Texas Community Development Block Program Grant Application and Authorizing the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute all Necessary Documents.
13. Hear and Deliberate on City Manager’s Report.
a. Street Improvements
14. Hold a Closed Session Under the Provisions of Section 551.072 of Government Code, (Deliberations About Real Property) and Section 551.087 (Economic Development).
15. Reconvene in Open Session.
16. Deliberate and Act on Matters Discussed in Executive Session, If Any.