Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Hillsboro shall meet in regular session on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Historic City Hall, 127 E. Franklin Street in Hillsboro, Texas. The matters to be discussed and acted upon are as follows:
1. Call Meeting to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Hear Statements from Persons Wishing to Address the Council.
5. Deliberate and Act on the Approval of the Minutes for the Regular Meeting on May 1, 2012.
6. Act on the Approval of Bills.
7. Deliberate and Act on a Resolution for the Administration of the Oath of Office and Issuance of the Certificates of Election to the Unopposed Candidates in the Cancelled May 12, 2012 City Officers Election.
8. Deliberate and Act on a Resolution Authorizing the Process of Designating a Historic District Designation for the Downtown District and the Residential District as Recommended by the Hillsboro Preservation Commission.
9. Hold a Public Hearing, First Reading of an Ordinance, and Deliberate on the Recommendations From the Planning and Zoning Commission on a Request From Union Pacific Railroad to Close the at Grade Rail Crossing, Vacate and Abandon a 100 Foot Portion of Mark /Thomas Street Being 50 Feet on Either Side of the Center of the Union Pacific Railroad Track, Intersecting at Church/ S. Waco Street Being Public Streets in the City of Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas.
10. Deliberate and Act on a Resolution Accepting the Recommendations of the Planning and Zoning Commission and Authorizing a Re-plat of the Tract of Land Situated in the J. A. Caruthers Survey A-148 and a Part of Block 67 of the McMullen Addition, Becoming Lot 1-R, Block 67 McMullen Addition to the City of Hillsboro, and Being that Certain Tract of Land Described as Tract One According to the Deed Recorded in Volume 1426, Page 240 of the Deed Records of Hill County, Texas.
11. Deliberate and Act on a Resolution Accepting the Recommendations of the Planning and Zoning Commission and Authorizing a Preliminary and Final Plat of “Love’s Travel Center Addition”, Block 1, Lot 1, to the City of Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas.
12. Hold a Public Hearing, First Reading of an Ordinance, and Deliberate Denying a Rate Increase Requested by Atmos Energy Corporation on or About January 31, 2012.
13. Hear and Deliberate on City Manager’s Report.
a. Street Improvements
b. City Park Project and Dedication Date
c. Crime Mapping
14. Hold a Closed Session Under the Provisions of Section 551.071 of Government Code (Consultation With Attorney)
15. Reconvene in Open Session
16. Deliberate and Act on Matters Discussed in Executive Session, If Any.