The intent of this policy is to make clear certain uses which are consistent with the purpose of the Hillsboro Community Network, not to exhaustively enumerate all such possible uses.
The goals of the Hillsboro Community Network (referred to as HCN) include improving access to local government and community information, expediting interaction with local government officials and educational services, providing access to the online catalogs and public information in libraries, teaching the community how to use the network and other information resources accessible through the internet and the World Wide Web, and providing infrastructure for regional businesses and organizations to market their products and services globally.
The directors of the HCN may at any time make a determination that particular uses are or are not consistent with the purpose of the HCN.
The Hillsboro Community Network Board of Directors reserves the right to change the terms or conditions of this policy and that such changes or revisions will be available through the HCN online website.
1. HCN has the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of this site, including, without limitation, the content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use of this site.
2. You, the user, shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the site and all changes related thereto.
3. The HCN and any text, data, graphics, images, messages, communications, files or any other material (information) available through the HCN is for general information and entertainment purposes only and is in no way intended to refer to or be applicable to any specific person, organization, case or situation.
4. The HCN is not responsible for monitoring the information available through the HCN, and makes no claim to any material placed on the network by any user. The HCN does not claim any copyright, trademark, or other interest in information accessed through its network.
5. The HCN does not warrant that the function of the network will meet any specific requirements, nor that it will be error free or uninterrupted; nor shall it be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages (including but not limited to lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use, operations, or inability to use the HCN or any computer or computing system connected to the HCN.
6. Entry by a user from any link on the HCN is with the understanding that the user is also subject to any acceptable use restrictions or practices posted by the source.
7. In consideration of the privilege of using the HCN and in consideration for having access to the information available through it, users agree to indemnify and hold harmless the HCN, its officers, agents, employees, directors, and any individuals, firms, institutions, or organizations which make information available through the HCN for any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) of any nature arising from the use or inability to use the HCN.
8. Appropriate use of the HCN is by:
-Respecting the privacy of others,
-Respecting the legal protection provided by trade secret, copyright
and license to programs and data,
-Respecting the integrity of the network, and
-Informing the HCN of any observed violation of this acceptable use
9. Users of the HCN will use the site in an acceptable manner. You shall use this site for lawful purposes only. Behavior which is considered unacceptable, but is not limited to:
-Attempted or successful security breeches or disruption of net
-damage or impairment of the HCN equipment, hardware, software,
data or operations;
-use of the system for illegal or criminal purposes;
-deceptive on-line marketing practices;
-harassment of other users;
-violation of any copyrights, trademarks, or software license
-introducing viruses and other types of malicious programs into the
-use of the HCN as a means to improperly gain access to other
computer systems, networks, or programs.
You shall not post or transmit through the site any material which:
-Violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others;
-Is invasive of privacy or publicity rights;
-Infringes upon copyright or trademark rights;
-Is profane, harassing or constitutes stalking;
-Which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense;
-Which gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law.
10. Whether places free of charge or at cost, you shall not post or transmit through this site any material which contains advertising for, or solicitation of, user to become subscribers of some other on line information service which is competitive with this site. No postings shall be displayed on this site (free or otherwise) by competitors of the HCN without prior written permission of the management of the HCN.
11. You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the site any material protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of the site, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such material has expressly granted the HCN the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate in it other works in any form media or technology now known or hereafter developed. You also permit any other user or the site to access, view, store, or reproduce the material for that users personal use. You grant the HCN the right to edit, copy, display, publish and distribute any material made available on the site by you.
12. Monitoring: HCN shall have the right, but not the obligation or duty, to monitor the content of the site (including chat rooms and forums), to determine compliance with these conditions of use and any operating rules established by HCN and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. HCN shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the site. Without limiting the foregoing, HCN shall have the right to remove any material the HCN, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable.
13. Trademarks: All trademarks appearing on the site are the property of their respective owners, whether the owner be Hillsboro Community Network or some other entity.
14. Third Party Content: Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers and users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of HCN. In many instances, the content available through the site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider or user. HCN neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the site by anyone other than authorized HCN employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
15. Changed Terms: HCN has the right at any time to change or modify any of the terms and conditions applicable to use of the site, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, without limitation, adding fees and changes for use. Any such changes, modification, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, without limitation, posting on the site, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means. Any use of the site by you after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of such changes, modifications, additions or deletions.
1. Use of the Hillsboro Community Network is a privilege that may be revoked, suspended or altered by the Board of Directors at any time for inappropriate use.
2. The Hillsboro Community Network Board reserves the right to remove material from the site at any time without notice if deemed inappropriate or inflammatory.
3. The Board of Directors (or designee of the Board) shall be the sole arbiter of what constitutes appropriate or inappropriate use.
4. When the Hillsboro Community Network Board of Directors learns of possible inappropriate use, the Board will require that the user responsible be notified.
5. If the inappropriate use involves information available to other users, the Hillsboro Community Network may require the editing or removal of the inappropriate material.
6. If deemed necessary to prevent further inappropriate use, Hillsboro Community Network may revoke the responsible users privileges to use the network.
7. Every reasonable effort will be made to inform the user of the charges and allow them to respond prior to revocation of privileges.
8. A user who has had their privileges revoked may make an appeal to the Board of Directors (or the designee of the Board).
9. The decision of the Board of Directors (or the designee of the Board) will be final.